If you are planning a big fishing trip this weekend or sometime in the near future, it is time to make a list of the most important items you simply can’t forget to pack with you! As an ultralight angler, you likely know what you can afford to forget and what you can’t but maybe you haven’t thought of these items as essential; until now.
- No matter what type of fish you’re fishing for, bringing a landing net with you can be what helps you land your monster fish. The great thing about a net is that it doesn’t take up too much room and it is worth taking. Just in case!
- A pair of great needle nose pliers are absolutely essential if you are going to get the hook out of the fish’s mouth. Every fisher knows there are some fish who swallow that hook so deep that nothing but needle nose pliers will do the job.
- A spare spool of fishing line can make the difference between spending the afternoon fishing or calling it in early. You can’t predict what happens on your fishing trip and sometimes hard snags or large fish can rip your line or force you to cut it. This is where your extra spool of fishing line will save the day.
- It is also important to ensure you have a variety of ultralight lures on hand such as jigs, small spinners and mini-crankbaits to name a few. Each of these have their own strengths and when you aren’t catching, it’s a great idea to switch up your bait.
- Don’t forget about terminal tackle. This is referring to the hooks, sinkers,weights and swivels that are essential for every type of fisher. This type of tackle gets easily lost in the water and having spares on hand is essential.
When you have your essentials, you have a perfect fishing trip!