If you have stumbled across this page, there is a very good chance there is a man in your life who absolutely loves the outdoors!
Whether he enjoys fishing, camping, hunting, or hiking, it’s hard to go wrong by spoiling him with some popular, in-demand gear this year.
June is always right around the corner, though, so let’s take a look at some gear that will make many dads happy in 2022!
Boat and Water Shoes
Even if dad isn’t spending time on a boat this summer, nobody likes getting a nice pair of sneakers wet. Luckily, there are plenty of amazing boat and water shoes on the market in 2022.
Some of the most popular models on the market right now include:
- Rugged Shark Axis 3-Eye Boat Shoes for Men
- World Wide Sportsman Nantucket III Boat Shoes for Men
- Columbia Bahama Vent Loco II PFG Boat Shoes for Men
- KEEN Newport Leather Hiking Sandals for Men – Bison
Also, a man can never have too many pair of Crocs…
Life Jackets and Personal Flotation Devices
First and foremost, dad should be enjoying himself this summer. For many, that means spending copious amounts of time on the water.
Sometimes fun includes safety, though.
Whether he’s hitting the water solo or with the whole family, make sure everybody on the boat is accounted for with some of these comfortable, modern life jacket options:
- Mustang Survival Elite Inflatable Life Vest with HIT
- XPS Segmented Neoprene Life Jacket
- Ascend Deluxe Life Jacket
- Mustang M.I.T. 100 Auto Inflatable Life Vest
- Bass Pro Shops Tournament Fishing Mesh Life Jacket for Adults
You can pick up cost-effective fillet knives at your local big-box retailer that will hold up for a couple months, but there is something nice about using a high-end, durable blade. For the fishing dad in your life, consider the following:
- Rapala Fish ‘n Fillet Knife
- Lucky Lew 5″ Folding Knife
- Mister Twister Electric Fillet Knife
- Bubba 9″ Fillet Knives
The days of lugging clunky, cumbersome, hard plastic tackle boxes to the shore or the boat are fading. Sure, some dads out there have been using the same tackle box for decades.
But isn’t it time for an upgrade?
If your dad is still lugging around an old, gray, hard-shell Plano tackle box – if you know, you know – then consider surprising him this year with one of the following:
- Cabela’s Fisherman Series Tackle Bag
- Wild River Tackle Tek Nomad XP Lighted Backpack with USB Charging System
- Wild River Tackle Tek Recon Lighted Compact Backpack
- Flambeau Portage Backpack
- Wild River Tackle Tek Nomad Lighted Backpack
- EGO Backpack Tackle Bag
- Flambeau IKE 400 Tackle Bag
What’s better than a weekend getaway complete with fishing, hiking, and camping?
Still thinking? We’ll wait…
While the outdoors often provide an escape from creature comforts, it doesn’t hurt to have a cozy night sleep. If dad is getting up there in age, make sure he gets the best rest possible with the following:
- Rogue Expedition 40° Canvas Rectangular Sleeping Bag
- 5 Owls Ranger Pro Bedroll
- Ascend Jinx 50º Rectangular Sleeping Bag
- Cabela’s Mountain Trapper 40° Sleeping Bag
- Coleman Lassen 20º Sleeping Bag
Some of the options above are also excellent choices if camping might be extending into fall and even early winter.
Whether he’s on the boat or the trail, keep dad comfortable and protected from the sun’s UV rays. If he is spending considerable time outdoors – even in a non-recreational capacity – it’s a great idea to make sure he has a pair of high-quality, polarized sunglasses this summer.
Some popular options include:
- Native Eyewear Raghorn
- Arnette Fastball
- Oakley Flak Draft
- Oakley Turbine
- Costa Caballito
- Arnette Dashanzi
- Costa Del Mar Harpoon
- Maui Jim Big Wave